Menu

All Lighthouse

  •  

    Lighthouse Panaghia (Madonna)

    Located on the islet Panaghia (Madonna) at the entrance of the port of Gaios with a focal height of 26m. The lighthouse consists of a square style tower 7.8 m. tall and it includes a house for the lighthouse’s personnel. It first-opened in 1825 operating with olive oil. The mechanism read more

  •  

    Lighthouse Cape Lakka

    The first lighthouse of Cape Lakka was originally lit in 1825. It operated with olive oil and with a mirror machine with fixed parabolic mirrors. Its function was improved in 1887 and 1890, replacing the old mechanism. The lighthouse operated with oil until 1913. In March of 1919 the lighthouse read more

Pin It on Pinterest